Iowa City Meditation Class
EVERY THURSDAY 6:30-7:30pm!
at the Quaker’s Friends Meeting House.
311 N Linn St., Iowa City, IA 52245
Cost $10 / $5 Students, Seniors, Unemployed
Meditation is a beautiful and practical way of finding inner peace, reducing stress and finding solutions to the problems of daily life.
● Each class will include an explanation of the benefits of meditation and how to meditate followed by a 10-minute guided breathing meditation. Then a different theme of Buddhism such as love or patience will be explained followed by another meditation session.
● There will be time for Q&A
● We sit in chairs. You may bring a meditation cushion if you wish.
● Suitable for Beginners/Advanced Meditators
● Drop-in class, so you do not need to pre-register or pay in advance.
● $10/ $5 Students/Seniors/Unemployed
● Everyone is Welcome, No expereince necessary.
Days: Every Thursday
Time: 6:30 to 7:45pm
Location: Quaker Friends Meeting House, 311 North Linn Street, Iowa City
Cost: $10/$5 Students+Seniors+Unemployed
Please visit our calendar for upcoming class dates
Happiness and suffering are states of mind, and so their main causes cannot be found outside the mind. The real source of happiness is inner peace.
~Geshe Kelsang Gyatso